Hamish Raw Options Consultant, Trader/Market-maker, Financial Engineer, Software Developer, Author, Trainer, Innovator.
- 1980: Brokered Gilts on the LSE floor for W.Greenwell & Co..
- 1983-84: Awarded MBA from Cass Business School. (GMAT Score: 96%)
- 1985-1999: Highly successful options market-maker on LIFFE. Also traded on LTOM, SFE & CBOT. (Long gamma during the ’87 crash, the ’89 Berlin Wall fall, Sterling being ejected from the EMS.)
- 1986: Created options pricing and risk management system incorporating the first ever sliding volatility skew and VaR-style risk analysis.
- 1988: Established London Derivatives Options Software which sold stand-alone options trading software to nearly all the banks and brokers on LIFFE.
- 1998: Founder of FFastFill Plc, a DMA software builder, listed on AIM at £54.5m in Nov. 2000.
- 2003-2007: Screen trader out of Spain, Gibraltar and the UK.
- 2008: Author of ‘Binary Options: Fixed Odds Financial Bets‘ (coming soon…….’20 Essential Traded Options Strategies’)
- 2008: Parachuted in to a trading arcade to turn a haemorrhaging options book round. Subsequently became head of the desk.
- 2018-Present: Working on a new betting vertical Virtual Financials. This new and exciting form of betting enables the punter to have bets on fictitious assets where prices are created every second by a random number generator within a Wiener Process.
Concise and eloquent, both in speech and the written word.
Although I have traded, risk managed and modelled conventional options most of my working life digital options fascinate me. My time is spent at the moment:
- writing new books on both conventional and digital options,
- writing up a compelling new methodology of creating a quantitative means of establishing the path dependent historic volatility of an asset price,
- working within a collection of ex-private equity individuals bringing to the United States a Chinese-based Fintech, TNT and SaaS company via a Special Purpose Acquisition Company, and
- going to the gym and swimming in the ‘Med’ off Coral Bay.
Hamish Raw – Derivatives Consultant (specialising in options) serving Europe, Asia and Australasia